Xero Tip # 3 – Getting Paid Faster
Xero has some great features to help you to manage your Accounts Receivable(Debtors) and below we explain some of those features.
- From the Accounts/Sales screen you can send Statements from here including sorting by amount paid and selecting which statements to print or send via email.
- Search for invoices based on client name, invoice date, invoice number or reference
- View Paid, Repeating, or All invoices.
- See the amount of invoices that are awaiting payment and click on this amount to see the details.
- See the overdue invoices and click on this amount to view the individual invoices that are overdue.
- See a list of the customers owing you the most money, including viewing it as a pie chart.
Once you view the invoices you want to chase you can click on the + button under the expected date column and this will bring up the contact details of the customer and you can phone them and then add notes into Xero based on what you discussed including an expected payment date.
Great to be able to refer back to this when you next call if you still haven;t received payment.